Volunteers’ Week 2020
This week, voluntary organisations are joining together across the country to recognise volunteers and to say a big thank you.
If you’d like to take part, you can still get involved in one or all of the following opportunities. Join in with saying thank you in a connected and collaborative way.
Share the Volunteers’ Week film
The Volunteers’ Week 2020 film ‘commUNITY makes us’, narrated by Claire Balding, celebrates the contribution of volunteers before, during and after the pandemic.
Show your appreciation
Encourage your organisation, both internally and externally, to show their appreciation by using the Wave Your Appreciation for Volunteers approach from Volunteering Australia. If you do use this please use #WaveForVolunteers alongside #VolunteersWeek.
Use our themes
Link your activities, case studies and communications to one of the seven daily themes.
- Monday – listening and support (e.g. helplines, citizens advice)
- Tuesday – health and well-being (e.g. mental health, tackling social isolation)
- Wednesday – fundraising to support service delivery (e.g. charity shops)
- Thursday – COVID-19 response and informal community civic action
- Friday – nature and outdoors
- Saturday – arts and culture
- Sunday – sport and leisure
Boost on social media
To help give a boost to the message on social media, join others in a ‘howl’ through Pack.org over the course of this week. Pack.org is a way for people to work together on social media to help share a key message or campaign.
Join The Big Lunch
Run virtual activities with The Big Lunch on 6th and 7th June to bring volunteers together to say thank you.
Send a press release
Send out a press release on 8th June that highlights that volunteers are #NeverMoreNeeded and link to that wider campaign.
Thank you for joining in!