Using social media
Social media is a great – and free – way to publicly celebrate and thank your volunteers.
Not sure about social media? Take a look at our Improve your skills section at the bottom of this page.
This year, Volunteers’ Week is taking to Twitter once more. Be sure to share the dates for Volunteers’ Week and links with your volunteers so they can be part of the celebrations across the UK:
- Follow and share your own stories of volunteering using @NCVOvolunteers, the official Twitter account for Volunteers’ Week.
- Use #VolunteersWeek to say ‘thank you’ to your volunteers and join thousands of other organisations in a nationwide show of thanks.
- Encourage your volunteers to tell their stories with #VolunteersWeek.
Improve your skills
If you’re new to social media or want to brush up your knowledge, here are some useful resources.
New to social media
- How to get started with social media
- How to choose the right social media networks for your organisation
- How to set up a Facebook page for your organisation
- How to use Facebook
- How to use Twitter
- Social media (an introduction)
- How to run a campaign using social media
- How to reach a wider audience on social media
- How to build your network using social media
- How to develop a social media strategy
- How to manage social media
- How to use Snapchat for non-profit
- New audiences with social media (case study)
- Retweet, like, comment, reply: boosting online engagement (case study)
- Charity social media toolkit